Thursday, May 27, 2010

Coffee Smoffee

For the last 29years, I have watched my parents drink their cups of coffee. And the first sip is always so painful looking then they go on about drinking as if they love it. I figure after the first sip they have scalded their taste buds so bad that the flavor must be tolerable.

While I was in college Starbucks started showing up. A friend of mine Deanna Dawn got me hooked on White Chocolate Mocha's but I could only have a cup every once in a while when I could afford it. And it doesn't really taste anything like coffee.

So since my son has his internal clock set for a time of morning that I rarely see I thought I could morph myself into a coffee drinker. I bought me some of the expensive Coffee Makers, Coffee Cream Chocolate Toffee and a matching Chocolate truffle Folgers coffee. I made my first cup this morning. I got my 8oz mug that I usually use for Hot Tea (my friend Kelly picked it out) then I read the package to find out how many scoops, then I put in the exact measurement. I had my usual breakfast cookies and milk while I waited for my coffee to brew and poured me a cup when it was done. Yep tasted just as I remembered nasty! I added my special cream and that just changed the liquid to another color and still tasted nasty. Went to the cabinet to see if I had anything to make it drinkable. I grabbed some sugar and some hot chocolate. The sugar took out the bitter taste and the hot chocolate made it taste like a Mocha.

I want to believe that coffee has a super power amount of caffeine in it more than what I could get from drinking a coke. But with all the crap I just put in mine to be able to swallow it I doubt that there is enough coffee left in it to make my running shoes fart.
Have a Great Morning Blog Land!

No comments:

Post a Comment