Thursday, June 3, 2010

Ok there is some debate about a Yellow Basket. Do you remember the nursery rhym that says A Tisket A Tasket A Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah? Well in my not so decent memory it was a red and yellow basket. That is the only line of that silly song I could remember so I decided to look up on the internet the next line. And I found that even they are confused what color the basket was. Some say green and yellow Some say brown and yellow. The next line is about writting a letter and seems like the internet is not sure if they wrote the letter to the mommy or the love. From what I read this is a song kids will sing while sitting in a circle and the concept is like duck duck goose. Here is the Wikapedia verison: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A-Tisket,_A-Tasket. Here is another website that has a few of the versions: http://bussongs.com/songs/a_tisket_a_tasket.php Here is the Brown and Yellow version: http://www.sing365.com/music/lyric.nsf/a-tisket-a-tasket-lyrics-ella-fitzgerald/5f3e2c5f547cde5f48256d290029ccc4sf/a-tisket-a-tasket-lyrics-ella-fitzgerald/5f3e2c5f547cde5f48256d290029ccc4. It is not letting me copy the lyrics so I am sorry about the links. Anyway I would have figured a song as old as that we would all have the same lyrics down by now. I think I am going to consult Mother Goose about this. I feel like a piece of my childhood is now an unstable memory because we can not agree on the lyrics of the Tisket Tasket Song.
Something to think about my little Bloggers
T

No comments:

Post a Comment